True Health Healthy Start Services Includes:
• Prenatal care coordination
• Nutrition counseling referrals
• Smoking cessation
• Substance abuse counseling referrals
• Childbirth education and support
• Breastfeeding education and support
• Between pregnancy care
• Maternal depression screening
• Parenting education and support
• Psychosocial counseling referrals
• Teen projects
• Bereavement support referrals
• Prenatal Risk Screening
• Infant Risk Screening
• Checking child growth and development
Who is Eligible for Healthy Start Services?
Eligibility for Healthy Start services is based on a woman’s or infant’s Healthy Start Screening score and NOT on her marital, income, or immigration status.
What is a Healthy Start Screening?
A Healthy Start Screening is provided free to all pregnant women and newborn’s moms. It is a brief questionnaire completed by health care providers to evaluate pregnant women and infants for adverse health outcomes. Those who are identified as being at risk are referred to Healthy Start.
For more information contact Vanessa Nelson, Program Manager 407-322-8645